South Coast NSW Quote

6.6Kw - 17x Hyundai [390w] VG Series with Sungrow SG-5KD Inverter.

$0 Upfront plan = $12,300 - $3300 [Gov Rebate] = $9000 / 60 months @ $72.xx a fortnight.

Panels have 25 Yr Warranty / Inverter 10Yr Warranty.

Feel this high compared to other prices I see around. Figure that this is because of the finance situation but wanted to check in to see if this the norm.

If outright is cheaper and I can still claim the Gov Rebate myself then looking for other options to make this happen.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Wayne_Remnant

I would say $5k - $7k is the normal range for these products. Probably worth getting a couple of quotes.

Note that panels have two types of warranty, it’s important to know the difference. I suspect your panels will have a 25 year performance warranty, but a lower product warranty. See this article on Solar Panel Warranties for explanation.

There’s always a cost for finance in my experience.

Solar Installers South Coast NSW

Thank you for your feedback. Greatly appreciated.

Yes you can get the rebate if you pay outright. Personally I wouldn’t take a risk on a Sungrow inverter. Inverters are the key hardware and you need at least reasonable quality. If you ask them for a cheaper inverter, I’m not sure they could come up with one.

SolarGain installed 30 LG NEon2 350N1C-V5 panels nominally 10.5Kw in Sep2020 for $16K with (as Marty says) 25 year replacement-by-LG warranty not just a performance warranty
This included micro-inverters, two 5Kw Huawei inverters with built-in DC isolators
At height of summer the array generated 8.9Kw
At end of June I am getting 5Kw on a sunny day

My understanding is that if a panel fails, LG will come out and replace it for me, no argy-bargy needed with local electricians. That’s the kind of warranty I like.

We paid up front, no financing

HTH
Jim
Canberra

Thanks Champ. Appreciate your feedback.

OK Frank, so in your opinion Sungrow are base level / cheapest option / you’ve had or heard of issues with them? We’ve had ABB / Solax / Goodwe / Sungrow all quoted from different companies. All with 10 year warranty, all with WiFi, all “future” battery enabled. Other than failure rates ( none can say they won’t have an issue but you’d like to think there is a pecking order) and local support to fix / replace, what else sets them apart?

Marty, Hyundai panels are 25 product / 25 output % years… most of the others are 12 or 15 years product / 25 output % years. Thank you for making me aware of the difference. It was good to read about.

1 Like

We reckon Sungrow are probably the pick of the “value” inverters (ie not premium). Although ABB (now FIMER) is probably more toward the premium end. ABB used clearly hold no. 2 best inverter brand spot, but that was nearly a decade ago now.

All Fronius inverters come with five years Fronius Warranty Plus as standard. For a limited time, users can claim an additional five years Fronius Warranty