Canadian Solar panels review | BiKu CS3K-300W, BiHiKu

Hi @kemmett

Here’s some details on Canadian Solar from our Best Solar Panels review article:

Canadian Solar is fifth largest solar panel manufacturer in the world and produce a wide range of cost effective, reliable panels. Canadian have generally produced more cost effective polycrystalline cells and developed some advanced high efficiency panels based on the half-cut polycrystalline cell design. However, more recently Canadian have shifted to developing more efficient mono-PERC shingled cell panels like the HiDM and BiKu modules.

The CS6K and KuPower range of polycrystalline panels from Canadian Solar are well regarded, cost effective panels backed by good support from local offices.

Are Canadian Solar panels made in Canada?

My understanding is that whilst some Canadian Solar panels are manufactured in Canada, the majority are not. Canadian Solar has manufacturing facilities in China, Indonesia, Vietnam and Brazil, and the majority of panels the are shipped to Australia, are made in China.

That quote does sound good to me. As long as you are confident in the solar company, I’d be happy to go ahead.

In terms of size, that system will deliver you around 25kWh a day on average throughout the year (assuming it’s facing northish). So, I think it is well and truly big enough.

Hope that helps
Marty