Canadian Solar vs Qcells

Hi all,

I’ve just moved into a single storey house at Onkaparinga Hills (SA) and am looking at having solar panels installed. Trying to find my way through this is mind blowing so hope that someone can assist.

I have had 3 quotes as follows (please let me know if there is more info required)

6.6kw Canadian Solar KUPower – 22x CS3K-300P + Fronius Primo 5.0-1 $5990.00

6.51kw Canadian Solar Superpower – 21 x CS6K-310MS + Fronius Primo 5.0-1 $5850

6.51kw Qcell – 21 x QPEAK310 + Fronius Primo 5.0-1 $6250

Any suggestions/advice would be gladly received!

Hi there Eden

Are these 3 quotes all from the same company, or different? Are they large companies, or local installers?

On first look they all seem like pretty good deals, I’d be happy with any of these on my roof. The QCells with Fronius is the pick of them I’d say. Fronius is at the top of our Best Solar Inverter 2018 list, and QCells and Canadian are both high on our Best Solar Panels list.

What it will come down to in the end is the solar company. We like smallish local electricians with good reputations, because they are more likely to care if anything goes wrong, and more likely to be around long term.

I hope that helps, and please let me know if you have any follow up questions. Getting solar can be very daunting!

Marty

3 Likes

Hi Marty thanks for the reply. The businesses that have quoted are both in Adelaide, Goliath and solar wholesalers, who I think are both fairly reputable companies! At least I hope so :smirk:

Hi @eden62

Did you end up getting your system installed? We would be interested to know how it went.

What was the name of the installation company you ended up using, and would you recommend them? Would you be able to share any photos?

Cheers
Marty