JA Solar vs ET Elite Series vs Canadian Solar

Hi,
Just interested to know the difference and which is better set up?
Panel Type No. Panels Inverter size Model
6.6 kW JASolar 315 mono, 21 5 kW Fronius
6.6 kW Elite Series PV modules 24 5 kW SMA Zeversolar Inverter
6.6 kW ET300w/Canadian 285w/Jinko 285w/Risen 285-315w, 22 5 kW Goodwe

Price wise,

1. 8819 (before rebate and STC)
  2. 5340 (not sure if STC is calculated?)
  3. 7625 (not sure if STC is calculated?)

Hi,

The first option using the JA solar and Fronius inverter is definitely the best out of the three. Fronius is the leading inverter on the market and JA is one of top 10 solar panel manufacturers. Also the 315W mono panels from JA solar will perform better than any cheaper 285-300W poly panels.

Most importantly make sure the company who is doing the install is reputable (preferably local) and does not push you into making a decision.

Cheers,
Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the respond, that helps! Do you think price for the system at $6,350 is within reason?

Yes that is a reasonable price for a system with high quality components. Just out of interest which state are you in? Also feel free to post some photos once it is installed or even give a shout out to the installer if you feel they did a great job.

Cheers,

I’m in Victoria…:slight_smile:

forgot to mention at the beginning, 6.6kW should be good size for double storey?

Hi @yamate69

Take a look at this chapter for sizing:
https://forum.cleanenergyreviews.info/t/ch-9-how-big-a-system-should-i-get/162

Also, you can use the price calculator for checking price:

Cheers
Marty

Hi Marty,

Thanks - that helps!

Hi Svarky,
In your opinion, which would be better - JA Solar 315 Mono Perc or the Jinko Solar 315 watt Mono Perc?

They are both very similar but I personally prefer the JA solar over the Jinko solar. JA also has a 12 year product warranty while Jinko is 10 years.

Are they from different quotes or installers?

Hi Svarky,

Same supplier and price offered is the same.

Just curious, why would you select JA solar beside the extra 2 years in warranty? :slight_smile:

To be honest there is very little difference between the 2 companies and our feedback from installers over the years has shown very similar ratings for both JA and Jinko solar. Maybe I’m a little bias, but I have personally used JA solar panels more than Jinko.

Considering the factors mentioned, Option 2 appears to be the most cost-effective based on the provided information, but it’s important to verify the STC status and ensure that the system components meet your energy needs and quality standards. Additionally, consider factors such as warranty, installer reputation, and customer service when making your decision.