Solar Power Whittlesea VIC

I got a quote for Canadian CS3K-300P X 22 Panels Plus Growatt 5000-TL
Price: $5050 Including rebate.

UPDATE JUNE 2020
May 31, 2020

Solar installed Oct 2019
What Suburb you in? - Wollert, 3750
What Panels and Inverters did you get? - Jinko (Panels), Fronius (Inverter)
What is the size of your system? 6.6 kw
What Solar Company did you go with? Would you recommend them? JWS Electricals
What is your estimated payback period of the system (if you know)? Based on the current performance, it could be up to 3 years
Are you happy with your solar system? Would you do anything different next time? I’m pretty happy so far, and would highly recommend JWS Electrical.

What’s the average price you pay for your electricity from the grid (per kWh)? $ 0.290000
What is your feed in tariff (for the solar you export per kWh)? $0.15
Who is your electricity retail? Are you happy with them? Click Energy, Yes, Happy so far

Solar Installers Melbourne

Where do you live? It will depend on that. The only difference is the cost of installation. On the eastern seaboard prices for panels and inverters are very similar everywhere.

I live in Epping (VIC). Another quote i have is Jinko 315 Mono plus Fronius Prima 5kv at $5100 including rebate.

Do you know which rebate they are referring to? Is it the Federal Government STC rebate or the State Government rebate?

That will make a difference.

We are retailers and our price with the Federal Government for Canadian + Growatt would be similar to the price quoted, however, considering there is a price difference of around $1,000+ between Growatt and Fronius and very little difference in price between Canadian and Jinko the price for option 2 seems very low.

If it is including the State rebate then prices quoted are too high.

Cost is $5100-$2225 (VIC Rebate) -$2225 (VIC LOAN) = $650 out of Pocket Upfront. Is that high?

Hi Thisisgagan

Our price would have been $5,500+ so seems very good for option 1. Definitely not worth considering option 1.

Just make sure you get what you are paying for.

Good Luck.

Can u again clarify which option is not worth exactly as per your knowledge pls?

Option 1 - Canadian CS3K-300P X 22 Panels Plus Growatt 5000-T @5050
Option 2 - Jinko 315 Mono plus Fronius Prima 5kv at $5100

Sorry should have said Option 1 is ok but Option 2 is much better and I would go with option 2.

1 Like

Agreed, make sure you scrutinise the reviews of the Installer @Thisisgagan. Most important thing is to make sure you work with a really good company.

Marty

—-

https://www.cleanenergyreviews.info/solar-installers/victoria/melbourne

Many thanks for your responses Marty and Solarnextgen. It was very helpful.
I think i am going with good. I’ll share my experience after it is installed. Just finalized rebate, awaiting approval now.

Good Luck to me…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi may I know who’s your solar installer for option 2 please.
Thanks

JWS Electricals. https://jwselectricalservices.com.au/