Solar Power Melton VIC | Fronius & Jinko Eagle 300W

Hi,
Ive been quoted by 2 different solar companies Green Engineering Solar ($5100) & Greenlink solar($5800) for a Fronius Primo 5 inverter & Jinko Eagle AC 60, 22 panels, 300watts(Green Engineering) & Jinko Eagle 60M, 18 panels, 285watts(Greenlink)
What is your thought on both quotes.Im in Kurunjang 3337.
My roof is tiled single storey & im installing on north & west side for optimum power generation at evenings.

UPDATE MAY 2020

When did you get your solar installed? Jan 2019

What Panels and Inverters did you get? Jinko 300watts & Fronius 5.01

What is the size of your system? 6 kWatts

What Solar Company did you go with? Would you recommend them? Green engineering solar. Yes however they have a dedicated team for every service so you’ll not speak to the same person every time.

What is your estimated payback period of the system? 10 years

Are you happy with your solar system? Yes very happy I’m in credit every bill(quarterly)

Would you do anything different next time? No the inverter can only covert a max of 5 kw capped for residential so even if I wanted to put more panels it wouldn’t serve any advantage. So I’m happy with 20 panels

What’s the average price you pay for your electricity from the grid (per kWh)?
$0.38 usage$1.48 supply with a 40% discount of usuage

What is your feed in tariff?
Time of use ($0.9,$0.11,$0.14 respectively)

Who is your electricity retail? Are you happy with them? Energy Australia. Yes I’m happy. On fact I’ve just switched to another plan that benefits me more with$0.26 usuage &$1.26 supply and a 10% discount over total usuage and supply.

What I’ve also learnt is a flat feed in tariff of $0.12 is better over time of use as during peak hours we use most of the electricity so we don’t return to the grid during that time to gain the higher tariff of $0.14.

Solar Installers Melbourne

Hi BHeckman thks for getting back. The 60M 285watts was quoted by Grenlink Solar.
The AC60 300watts was inirially quoted by Green Engineering but later yesterday they sent me another brochure of Eqgle HC 60-V.
Im attaching both of their datasheets. They r not very clear pics.
IMG_3985|281x500

@dtbaker61 No worries, the AC Module is actually a plug and play 240V Module, meaning you don’t need a string inverter mounted downstairs, these panels have a lot of advantages but you do usually pay for them.
The HC Panels are the half cell panels I mentioned before, and are probably your best value option here.
Depending what inverter setup they are offering, string, optimizer or micro and your onsite conditions for orientation and shading would effect what is the best choice for you here.

The HC60M-V 300watts panels will be connected to a fronius primo 5.01. And im installing the panels both north & west side as that will give me optimal generation throughout the day.

So if i was to compare
Eagle60M 285Watts x18 Panels(JKM285M-60) with FroniusPrimo 5.01Aus at $5800 net
Vs
EagleHC60M-V 300Watts x22Panels(JKM300M-60H-V) with Fronuis Primo 5.01 at $5100 net

besides the price which is the better of the two quotes.(keeping all other factors constant i.e split array north & west & inverter in shaded area)

Also a quick question from the datasheet:
Fronius Primo 5.0-1-AUS has an AC nominal output of 4600watts
Fronius Primo 5.0-1 has an AC nominal output of 500watts

Does this mean the 5.0-1 has a better/more conversion ability to the 5.0-1-AUS as im putting 6600watts or 5130watts of panels

Hi Aal,

Unless I’m missing something, the 22 x 300W Eagle HC panels are a significantly better deal.

Also a quick question from the datasheet:
Fronius Primo 5.0-1-AUS has an AC nominal output of 4600watts
Fronius Primo 5.0-1 has an AC nominal output of 500watts

Does this mean the 5.0-1 has a better/more conversion ability to the 5.0-1-AUS as im putting 6600watts or 5130watts of panels

My understanding, though I could be wrong, is that a bunch of 5kW inverters are restricted to 4.6kW output by software for the Australian market, because of limits in some jurisdictions (the whole of eastern Vic for example). If this is not a concern in your area, then you’ll certainly be better off with a 5kW output given panels you are looking at.

Cheers
Marty

Thks Marty. Appreciate your help. Yes ill call my energy retailer to confirm if i have output restrictions because actually the 22 panels x300watts will produce 6600watts and if that’s restricted then I’ll go for 16 or 17 panels of 300watts

Just wanting to know are they poly or mono

They are mono @Simone_Camilleri.