Off-Grid Selectronic SP Pro vs SMA Sunny Island inverter

@svarky I am located in south east queensland

Ok, then you might get away with a smaller size battery since QLD has much higher average solar than the southern states. As mentioned before, if the small battery causes issues then you can order a few more battery modules. The SP PRO inverter is the heart and brains of the system and is the best on the market, also REC panels are great quality.

@svarky Ok thank you. Do you have a size you would suggest to run a household? Hot water, oven and stove are all gas. Wood heater for winter so just 2 aircons for summer use. Larger home.

If you have gas hot water, oven and stove and a wood heater then this system will be easily large enough. I am surprised you are using gas for hot water. With this large size solar array I would definitely use an electric hot water system and heat the water during the day 11 to 2pm.

Hi Fedor,

I have registered with the Ingecon sun monitor. Email address used is transfersolar@ymail.com

Thanks

We have always used gas hot water and I assumed it would take some of the load off of the solar. But good to know we would be able to go ahead with electric with this size system.
I’ve done a load calculator and its 18-20kWh. But that is with every single appliance running I assume, which is not going to happen. What size solar array/inverter/battery size would you suggest?

Yes running large daytime loads like hot water means you don’t need as large a battery.
18-20kWh per day seems too high for just running the basics plus A/C. Based on my average load tables, 18kWh per day generally includes electric hot water (6kWh) and electric cooking (3-5kWh).

• The SP Pro SPMC482 inverter is 7.5kW (18kW peak) which is perfect.
  • The 40 x 325W REC panels (13kW) is very large, so no problem there.
  • The battery size to match this and your estimated loads would need to be min 20kWh. With a battery capacity of 3kWh each, you would need min 7 batteries.
1 Like

I gave you access to the system at Glen Morris SmartLab, you have access to system setting from page communication. Please do not change settings. Any questions call me 0400092621 or email fred@100up.com.au

Hi
your system is about $25k we made system pack exactly to your tip of consumption. have a look here https://100up.com.au/off-grid-solar-price.html

Hi Fedor, Thanks. It’s a nice looking monitoring platform which is easy to follow. I’ll take some screen shots and share on clean energy reviews if that’s ok? I’ll edit out all site details of course.

I noticed the Ingeteam have a new design (white) hybrid inverter. Is this the next generation replacement for the current (red) model?

Yes new model coming soon, please share screenshots. If you go to system settings you can do screenshots of the settings system.