Inverter connection directly to a panel with no grid and no battery

Hi
where can I get an inverter that can directly convert DC to AC with no link to a battery bank.
this type of inverter is in high demand in my country, because people want to dodge the high cost of battery by using a direct converted electricity from panel.

Hi @alee

This is what the vast majority of inverters do, these are usually called “solar inverters” or “grid-connect” or “on-grid” inverters, as opposed to hybrid, or offgrid or battery inverters. See our article here on the best solar inverters in 2019.

1 Like

Hi Alee
Ingeteam hybrid inverter can supply power from panels without to be connected to the grid or battery.

In India, there is one such inverter from Flin Energy. This brand makes different types of inverters of which the model, FlinFuzion goes as per your requirement. The link is :
https://flinenergy.com/flinfuzion.html
At present it is available in two variants, 3 KW and 5 KW.
These Off-Grid Inverters can be used with or without batteries.
I have a plan to install one in near furure.

Ah I see, I misunderstood the questions. You mean no battery, and no grid?

You would have incredibly erratic power supply. What sort of things would you be powering in this scenario?

1 Like

Thanks Partha (P3) i’ll try to visit the flin energy website.
grateful for the information, keep in touch.

1 Like

Hi Fedor,
can you please send me a link to Ingeteam? I would be happy to have their link.

Thnx

Alee

Yes Martin, I mean an inverter that can directly be connected to a panel, without being connected to either battery or grid (as it is the tradition with grid and off-grid connection).
As to your question on what sort of appliance I would be powering? You see I have an NGO which always try to provide people with information on green energy. So i’m trying to help people who engage in irrigation to manage their farms using panel and inverter only. This is with the aim to cut the high battery costs. This would really make SOLAR AID irrigation affordable and at the end of the day save our environment million tonnes of CO2 emission from the low-cost fossil fuel irrigation generators.

Hope you too can contribute to this environmental saviour move.

Thnx,

Alee

1 Like

Have a look here www.100up.com.au

I see I see. In this scenario you likely wouldn’t even need an inverter. You can just connect panels to a pump that runs on DC.

I think there are plenty of options for these, depending on the exact use.

Something like this?

1 Like

Hi Martin
Thnx again for the timely response, well, seems the farmers are aware of the DC submersibles, however, the cost is the main concern, compared to simple panel and inverter configuration with no battery, the later is low-cost.

Nevertheless, thnx once again.
Alee

Hi Fedor
It’s great to have people like you around.

Thnx alot!

Alee.

Hi Alee
This tipe of inverters are not cheap, INGETEAM would be expensive, and I am not sure if it available whenever you are.

Hi @alee ,
This type of product has been around for a long time. Nedap PowerRouter Solar Only was capable of achieving this functionality about 10years ago. Unfortunately the PowerRouter range was withdrawn by Nedap (to my best knowledge).
It sounds like a good way to go, but is not practical because of a couple of issues:
1/ The load you would use it for would likely have a surge, and responding to the surge may not have enough solar or respond fast enough.
2/ The inconsistent nature of solar means that you need to oversize the panels to be useful.

The usefulness of this product type (Solar Inverter Off Grid with No Battery) is limited to low powered loads, such a phone or laptop chargers.
Substantial loads are not practical without a small battery.
The product type sounds like a great idea, however if it was a great solution, there would have been many big name brands also producing them.

It would be suggested that you either consider the DC pump solution such as Lorenz or consider some storage such as Lithium battery or Super Cap technology is possibly acceptable as smallest possible battery.

I hope this helps even though it’s not a current product to answer to your question.

Regards
Rob

2 Likes

Thanks @RobMoss, and welcome!

1 Like

Hi@RobMoss,
It really helps, appreciate it.

Thnx

Alee

Hi Marty,

Would there be any problem for the solar inverter if the power generated is not in use or under use? For example, if the solar inverter is generating 5kwh and, I consume only 2kwh, and the power is not exported to the grid.

Hi @Ashland

In your situation is the property connected to the grid at all? Or are you asking if you can have an off-grid system with no batteries?

Cheers
Marty

The property will be connected to the grid, but no access for the solar system to be connected to the grid for export, we don’t have that system in place over there.
I don’t want to use solar charge controller system; I prefer solar inverter system for many positive reasons, but my fear is the excess or un-used power effect.
Yes, I will have AC couple inverter for power storage, but when the battery is fully charged, the AC couple inverter will shut off; at that time, I may still have un-used power.

I would have thought that in this situation with standard grid connect inverter the power still goes to the grid, you just don’t get paid for it.

However, Jason mentions other ways that excess power is handled here with offgrid and hybrid inverters:

It really depends what specific inverter you are using.

Cheers
Marty