Goodwe inverter review

Hi all. Brand new to this forum and solar thing so if seemingly very uninformed it’s because I am!
Just got the above quote via a door to doorer which has initiated me actually doing some form of research. SE Qld site, no shade problems at all with a north facing roof that can fit 24 panels. They also offered ABB inverter instead for $10K. Am thinking I’m better off looking for better inverter but really no idea. Any guidance would be muchly appreciated.
Thanks in advance…

Hi @Pacfea

You’ve come to the right place, welcome.

Here’s a bit about Goodwe from our Best Solar Inverter review:

GoodWe is a large, well known Chinese inverter manufacturer established in 2010. The new generation Goodwe DNS series have had great feedback from installers so far. Many Chinese brands have a mixed reputation in Australia due to some previous quality issues, but most have improved considerably over the last few years.

In addition, the new wide range of Goodwe hybrid inverters are replacing the older (GW5048D-ES) hybrid inverter which was a standout product from Goodwe and quite well regarded in the industry with many other manufacturers incorporating this inverter into various battery energy storage systems (ESS). All Goodwe inverters include Wifi monitoring as standard. The Warranty on the DNS series is 5 years with options to extend the warranty up to 25 years.

Canadian Solar is fine. I think it’s definitely worth getting a couple more quotes, and also get a quote on some of the products we point to in the Guide.

Cheers
Marty

Hi Pacfea

Please email me for a discussion. I don’t want to just quote without understanding your circumstances but can confirm the quote you have received is very high.

Thanks and Best Regards

Ivan Colaco