Any reviews on Astronergy

Anyone have any experience with Astronergy panels? I’ve only had 1 installer quote using these panels and I really can’t find much about them anywhere. I’ve been using the compare solar panels tab from solarquotes.com.au which seems to have everything else… Red flags?

The same company also quoted with a Solis inverter, The whole thing was very cheap (more red flags) but I did ask about an inverter upgrade and they gave a modified quote with a Fronius inverter.

22 x 300w Astronergy Tier 1 Mono PERC Panels (Black)
1 x Solis 4G 5kW 1 phase Inverter
$2921

same with Fronius 5kW $3721

I have other quotes, again, I’m still trying to find the lowest common denominator to help compare them!

We have virtually no information or feedback on Astronergy panels. They are relatively new to Australia and until they have been on the market for more than 2 or 3 years if it very difficult to have any confidence in their reliability or performance…

That being said they did have a big display at All Energy in Melbourne last week and they did quite well in the in 2018 DVNGL solar panel test results.

If you want to try them out, we would be interested to get your feedback in a few years :wink:

I’m not sure I want to be the guinea pig… We pretty much had decided to go mid-range with JA Solar JAM60S10 or Jinko Cheetah’s but are weighing the suggestion that Q Cell or REC are worth the added cost.