4 very different Solar quotes - Pasco County Florida

I have gotten 4 very different quotes, and a fifth one would not give me a quote until my 15 year old roof is replaced (expected life expectancy is 5-7 more years) since the solar system warranty would then be voided once it is taken down and replaced. I am in the process of getting roof estimates.

1. 30 Silfab 330 panels, 30 Enphase Inverters, total output 9,900. Cost $36,600. Includes replacing my HVAC with a 5 ton 14 Seer unit to include in the cost for solar rebate, and take down and replace system when my roof is replaced. They never looked at my HVAC, it is a two zone system one 2.5 ton and one 3 ton. The person who came to my house was a salesman, the quote given at the same time and also sent by email from the salesman’s manager afterward.

2. 34 Qcell 340 panels, 34 Enphase Inverters, total output 11,560. Cost $31,806. Additional charge later to take down and replace system when my roof is replaced. The person who came to my house was the President of the company and gave the quote at the same time along with an email later.

3. 30 Mission 320 panels, 2 SMA String Inverters, total output 9,600. Cost $23,540. Additional charge later to take down and replace system when my roof is replaced. Also sells a solar pool pump. The person who came to my house was the Sales Manager and Partner in the company and gave the quote at the same time and an email later.

4. 35 Aptos 330 panels, 35 Enphase Inverters, total output 11,550. Cost $32,340. They can replace roof for $14,399, no details came with the roof quote. The people who came to my house where the salesman and his manager who gave the quote and an email later. They were both young kids in their early 20’s, the salesman had a collared short sleeve shirt and khaki shorts (I think who just was hired), the manager was dressed in shorts and a worn t-shirt who did all of the talking.

Reviews and comments are greatly appreciated/

Solar Installers Florida

Hi there @jrckeepers

That’s is quite a variety.

Do you need your HVAC replaced? Seems kinda wasteful if not.

The SMA quote looks pretty attractive. They are quality products, and that’s quite a price difference.

The best system for you really depends on your personal situation and preferences. What would you like to get from your system? Fastest payback period? Or to cover your current bill? Or the very best products?

How much electricity do you currently use?

Cheers
Marty

Wow! I would love to know who gave you those quotes! I am also from Pasco County, from the Trinity New Port Richey area. I just got a quote too, way above those. I added it here for review, but definitely need to look into other vendors.