VPP Solar - Virtual Power Plant

Hi Deep

Sorry, I forgot to get back to you. I don’t think the slightly larger battery makes a big difference to the financial bottom line, especially if they are still only guaranteeing a minimum credit of $300 a year - or have they increased that along with the battery?

Really what it comes down to is why you might want batteries. It’s not always financial reasons. However, if you are thinking you will be slightly better of financially, than just getting solar, I don’t think so.

You could easily get the solar system on it’s own from a reputable company for about $5k - $6k after STCs and before Vic rebates. So you are looking at $4k extra for the battery. Which is quite a good price for the 10kWh battery, but I think you are still looking at over 10 year payback on it, whereas the solar payback would be half that probably.

It’s not all about financials and payback periods though, so don’t let me talk you out of getting batteries for those reasons. At a minimum I reckon it’s worth getting some more quotes for VPP just to compare this offer, try Shinehub, I know they do VPP.

Cheers
Marty