Using BYD V2L output for V2H with Victron inverters

I have read your article:

I have BYD Premium battery with 15kVA Victron quattro and Victron MPPT.

In the article mentioned victron skylla tg 48V 50A 230v battery charger is capable of P=48V x 50A = 2.4kW charging power which means it can not utilize the electric car full V2L power capability.

Another downside that victron skylla tg does not have CAN-bus connection to cerbo gx, so the cerbo gx can not control the charging process.

In order to solve the two previous problems, I wonder what if I would use a smaller victron quatro 5kVA 48V without utilizing its AC output connection and connect the EV V2L to its AC input. Can I set this quattro in a way to prevent “grid feed in” on the AC input? This would damage the EV internal inverter. Basically the AC input should be configured as generator input only. (no feed back in allowed) Is it possible?

I already have a grid connected, feed in enabled big 15kVA quattro inverter but I would not touch it, I would install a separate 5kVA quattro just for the battery charger.
Can I add two quattro into the cerbo gx ? Will the battery charging be managed correctly?

#########################################################

Alternative - which may be better or easier

Buy a chinese 240V AC>DC 220V converter 1500Watt or higher

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001207259753.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.5.2db21db1HIGuyk&algo_pvid=e4a1c7a3-cf19-4552-8234-c10dbe29db86&algo_exp_id=e4a1c7a3-cf19-4552-8234-c10dbe29db86-2&pdp_npi=4%40dis!EUR!129.23!103.38!!!136.03!108.82!%402103846917119073708122199e8324!10000015300296672!sea!ES!815936710!&curPageLogUid=vUWvpMSQ9Hvm&utparam-url=scene%3Asearch|query_from%3A

and
Victron MPPT 250V / 70A CAN-bus charger + AC/DC converter

this variation also charging the battery but in managed way from Cerbo GX via CAN bus of the MPPT charge controller. The MPPT gets the power from the Chinese AC/DC converter which is powered by the BYD car V2L.

please let me know what you think, which option would be better and why

Many thanks and i am really happy I found your website and your interest in V2L

I have considered using a Multiplus as a charger only (not connecting the AC output), but I’m not sure if this will work. I believe the only way to connect multiple inverters to one common AC load is to configure them to work in parallel.
However, I might be wrong. Since a 3kVA Multiplus inverter is relatively cheap to purchase (compared to a dedicated 48V charger) I’d really like to test this out by using the VE.Bus connection and manually setting the second Multiplus to charger-only mode (lower toggle switch). I will do some more research into this option

I have been researching this topic for a while and decided to go the “power supply into MPPT charger route”

This is the way I wrote as alternative. The chinese 240V AC>DC 150V 20A converter arrives only in May from China so I cant give any quick info but as I read people started using this way.

They either connect the converter DC side to some existing hybrid or whatever inverter or one use a Victron MPPT charger. The most important thing for me is the smart battery control, BYD battery can control the Victron MPPT charger via CAN bus.

NEWS: there is already a ready to order product in China that can do Charge and V2L in one single unit and the charging and discharging mode switching can be done through the mobile APP. Send me a private message if you want to know more.

Can you post some more information about this product if available? Thanks