Solar quotes Florida | Enphase Enlighten

Hi Alysa

Thanks for another post. Always very insightful.

I’m interested in these numbers that you have reported for your sister-in-law’s system.

Looks like they’ve got a 9.8kW system, so that’s 4.4kWh per kW in the middle of summer. I would have expected in central Florida that you would produce that much on average throughout the whole year. And therefore to produce considerably more in the middle of summer. You mentioned the rain shower which might have stopped production for a bit, I’d be interested in what they get on a perfectly sunny day.

Actually I was curious, so I thought I’d snoop around on some public Enphase Enlighten
monitoring systems. The State College of Florida Venice have an 11.8kW system, which on a perfect day in the middle of summer looks to get close to 65kWh for the day (5.5kWh per kW installed). It peaks at about 9kW of power on a good day.

So, with that information, I agree with you @alysaleve, 43kWh seems to be good production on an ordinary day. Also, upon reflection, Florida probably maintains really good solar production in winter as well, so the difference between summer and winter probably isn’t large. In fact I’ve just checked, and on Jan 17 the State College system produced 57.5kWh, which is outstanding. I’m really surprised by how small that gap is between summer and winter. Goes to show how important not just light is, but also temperature for solar PV (hot is bad, cold is good).

I was a bit confused by this comment :point_up: because I hadn’t seen an Enphase Enlighten app before. Just to clarify for anyone else that is wondering, the 1332Wh is how much was produced in that 15 min period.

If useful:

Thanks again Alysa. Keep your insightful posts coming :slight_smile:

Marty

The Enphase Enlighten screen: