Solar quote *Newcastle NSW*

Hi,
My home is fully insulated walls and ceiling, 3 phase power and ducted air conditioner. I have received a quote from Aztech Solar Newcastle for a 12.95Kw system involving 35 x Rec Alpha series 370Kw panels, SMA Tripower 10000TL - 3 Phase Inverter, tin roof install for $15,000.
Please note following warranties apply to this 12.95kw system.

• Panels (Parts and Labour) = 25 years
  • Panels (Linear Performance Warranty) = 25 years
  • Inverter = 10 years
  • Workmanship = 12 years
    Is this quote too dear and would I be better off changing to another N cell panel of lower cost such as Jinko Tiger or different 3 phase inverter?
    Your replys would be greatly appreciated,
    Allan
1 Like

Hi Al

It’s a good quality system. Do you need it to be that big? How much electricity to you use a month on average?

I reckon you could get that system a couple grand cheaper. It seams reasonably dear, but not sure any other ins and outs. It’s worth seeing what they’ll charge you for Jinko Tigers, but also I would get alternative pricing for the same system, just to have something to compare with.

Cheers
Marty

Solar Installers Newcastle

Hi Marty,

Thankyou for the reply, its much appreciated.

We have ducted air in the new home and will install a plunge pool. Unfortunately in our present home we have 5.5Kw of solar spread evenly on north and west roof and find in winter when output goes down we have a high electricity bill which we want to avoid in new home. Also a battery to install in next 12 months.

I have taken your advice and emailed another solar installer for a quote on the same system and will follow up Jinko Tiger prices.

Cheers

Allan

1 Like

Hi Al,
How did you go?
Im looking at 10kw hybrid 3phase
Steve