Solar Power Wynnum/Manly QLD

Hi Guys,

We have just moved into a large two storey house with a pool, it has two split ACs and we are about to add two more.

We’ve just had a quote for a 13kw system with 6.5kw battery and two inverters.

Quote was 17k and the system was not really what we had in mind in size. The company assured us it was the best option for no bills and were offering 25c on the feed in tariff.

Looking at a 6.kw with battery I can see how it works out to be efficient for a larger system cost wise but the quick calcs they based the system off was 1,700 per quarter (we haven’t received a bill yet), the old was house circa 650 with much less electrical equipment and no pool.

Does this all sound reasonable? 13kw seems over the top in my mind but we’d really like to do our bit for the environment and not have to pay ever increasing power bills!

Thanks.

Cameron.

Solar Installers Brisbane

Hi Cameron

Please see my comments below:

We have just moved into a large two storey house with a pool, it has two split ACs and we are about to add two more. (I live in a similar size house with 2 X 14kW ducted units and a 165,000 L pool. We rarely use the aircon or the pool but our quarterly bill is about $1,500. We live in Brisbane. I now have a 10 kW system and it generally gets me about $250 a quarter credit). (Where do you live and what size systems do you have pool and aircon?)

We’ve just had a quote for a 13kw system with 6.5kw battery and two inverters. (Size seems reasonable. If you can afford it always go for a bigger system. The battery at this stage would not recoup your investment, the only reasons you would install a battery is either because you are a mad keen Greenie, have many blackouts at night or have a large enough system that you feed into the grid and the batteries during the day and then feed in from the battery to the grid at night (I believe this can be done but you might want to check)).

Quote was 17k and the system was not really what we had in mind in size. The company assured us it was the best option for no bills and were offering 25c on the feed in tariff. (Quote is not unreasonable but I would skip the battery at this stage. What panels and inverters are they using? Please do not go with the cheap panels or inverter for this size.)

Looking at a 6.kw with battery I can see how it works out to be efficient for a larger system cost wise but the quick calcs they based the system off was 1,700 per quarter (we haven’t received a bill yet), the old was house circa 650 with much less electrical equipment and no pool.

Does this all sound reasonable? 13kw seems over the top in my mind but we’d really like to do our bit for the environment and not have to pay ever increasing power bills!

Thanks and Best Regards

Ivan Colaço

Director

Telephone : +61 (401) 695 814

E-Mail : info@3viso.com.au

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your prompt response.

To answer your questions we live in Wynnum North, currently have two small splits probably 6-7kw all up, about to add to more splits of 5 and 7kw will be used more than the existing splits due to location of existing. Not sure about pool pump size.

We were advised that the battery set up and 13kw solar would allow for the battery to feed back not the grid at a higher rate.

Panels are Astron Energy, inverters are Sungrow and the battery was LG Chem 6.5kw. Thoughts on these?

Re the battery we don’t get blackouts but like the idea of no bills, which is what we were basically guaranteed, that an income back due to feed in.

Cheers,

Cameron.

Hi Cameron

To answer your questions we live in Wynnum North, currently have two small splits probably 6-7kw all up, about to add to more splits of 5 and 7kw will be used more than the existing splits due to location of existing. Not sure about pool pump size. (Noted).

We were advised that the battery set up and 13kw solar would allow for the battery to feed back not the grid at a higher rate. (Have they given you any calculations?)

Panels are Astron Energy, inverters are Sungrow and the battery was LG Chem 6.5kw. Thoughts on these? (Have you researched Astron Energy panels? I would not put them on my place for a small additional amount you would get a better panel or pay a bit more and go for the best. The amounts you have quoted are now looking at it closely still a bit expensive. Sungrow is ok, again for about $1,000 more you can go with the best Fronius inverter. For the kind of money you have been quoted you should get a much better system. Are you able to give us the breakdown? Please get at least 2 more quotes.

Re the battery we don’t get blackouts but like the idea of no bills, which is what we were basically guaranteed, that an income back due to feed in. (Find out what the quote would be without the battery and ask them for payback times on the system with and without the battery.)

Thanks and Best Regards

Ivan Colaço

Director

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

Thanks Ivan, we were planning on getting two more and I’ve asked for payback times.

Do you have any recommendations for contractors?

Cheers.

Cameron.

Hi Cameron

I am one so cannot really recommend anyone.

Thanks and Best Regards

Ivan Colaço

Director

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

Great!

Feel like quoting?? Hahaha!

Cheers,

Cameron.

Hi Cameron

Definitely, provided the site administrator has no issues.

Thanks and Best Regards

Ivan Colaço

Director

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

Hi Ivan,

It’s our house! No issues at all.

What is your email address?

Thanks,

Cameron.

Hi Cameron

My email address is at the bottom of my signature.

Thanks and Best Regards

Ivan Colaço

Director

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg