Solar Power Sunshine Coast, Queensland

Hi @Pedro61

Interesting one!

Firstly, I agree, why get rid of a perfectly good solar system? Doesn’t make any sense. That’s just a damn waste.

Where abouts are you located? Your current system is probably producing about 12kWh per day on average. So if you are buying 18-26kWh per day, I guess you’re using 30-38kWh. That seems like a lot, but then with 6ppl and a pool…

So, like you say, adding 6.6kW gives you 10kW, and that will produce about 40kWh, which will cover your current usage. Adding AC will change things, but you don’t necessarily need to wipe your whole bill right? Do you have virtually unlimited roof space, or is that a consideration. 10-15kW of solar takes up a lot of roof.

The SMA home manager in quote 1 is more than just a phone app. We’ve got more details about energy monitoring in our solar inverter review article, and also links to further details in some spots:

• The $2000 discount sounds phony. The system has probably been jacked up to start with.

Agreed.

I would vote for a 6.6kW system, but not this one. You might want to find the company that you want to work with, and then discuss with them what you actually want.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Marty