Qcell Qboost vs Jinko Tiger vs REC Twin Peak 4

Hi,
I would like to choose one of the quotes below.
All are reputable companies, and the final price is the sum of the cost to remove the solar pool heater.
The panel and warranty period are slightly different, which one is better?

1. 7.8KW system 20 x Q CELLS Q.BOOST Q.BOOST 390W; 20 x ; Enphase IQ7A-72-2-INT · 349 W Micro Inverter.
    $10,662 (include solar pool removal cost) 18Y panel warranty 15Y inverter warranty

2. 8.19KW system 21 × 390W Jinko Solar Tiger TR All Black N-type ; 21 × Enphase IQ7A-72-2-INT · 349 W Micro Inverter.
    $10,300 (include solar pool removal cost) 25Y panel warranty 10Y inverter warranty

3. 8.14KW system 22 ×REC 370W Twin Peak 4 ‘P Type’ Panels ; 22 × Enphase IQ7+ Micro Inverters Micro Inverter.
    $9,740 (include solar pool removal cost) 25Y panel warranty 10Y inverter warranty

Jinko looks good, but there is not much difference in price with premium brands Qcell and REC.

Thanks!

Hi @islandson

I don’t think you can go too far wrong here. It probably comes down more to preference. The Jinko Tiger all black certainly looks pretty slick, and Jinko is a really reputable brand.

I personally favour REC a little, simply because of their longevity in the market, and really strong reputation. However, that’s not to say they offer a better product/service, for me it would be because they have the runs on the board.

I’m curious why you are considering the Q CELLS given the higher price, smaller size and lower warranty?

Cheers
Marty

I also liked that the Jinko panel has a longer warranty period and N-type panel.
However, the Qcell quote has a 15 year inverter warranty, which is 5 years longer than other quotes.
I really don’t know which of these 3 quotes is the best. So, if the price is similar, I thought to install a premium brand.

They are all recognised as good quality panels that are well supported in Aus and can be expected to be serviceable for at least 25 years. I wouldn’t put much additional value on a longer warranty that’s unlikely to be claimed on, may have escape clauses and who knows if they will still be around if needed, so far in the future.

The only thing I would change on quote 1 and 2: change the IQ7A to IQ7 + and see what price you get… then Quote #2 becomes the best option and the N type to boot… You will get more power out of the IQ7+ over the life of the system and the 390 watt panels are the perfect 1.33% DC to AC ratio Enphase recommends… Yes you may get some clipping at noon but nothing at all to worry about… :slight_smile: