Q-Cell Q.PEAK DUO G5+ or REC N-PEAK Series

Hi,

Please help me come up with the winner. I live in NSW, looking for 4.95KW system with Fronius Primo inverter (Single phase). The panels will be mounted on East/West side of the roof as North is not big enough.

1. Q-Cell Q.PEAK DUO G5+, Made in Korea (afaik), 330W Panel, Mono, half-cut, 18.7% efficiency.

Vs.

1. REC N-Peak Series, Made in Singapore (or Korea), 330W Panel, Mono, half-cut, 18.6% efficiency

The overall cost difference (in the system) is approx. $500, Q-cell being dearer.
Appreciate if any other factor needs to be taken into account.

Usman

Hi @Usman_Matloob

That’s a tough choice, hard to split I believe.

We have a great article here that might help

Also

It’s hard to split, but overall we rate REC very slightly higher than QCells.

Cheers
Marty

Thanks @Marty. Now if the forum could comment on the final quote I received below.

I live in NSW, the home is south facing, so the panels are going on the east & west sides. The inclusions are below.

1. Fornius 5KW Single phase Primo inverter
  2. 16 x 330W REC N-Peak Series Panels (60-cell, mono PERC half cut).

Final price by two suppliers is $5,800 (out of pocket). The rest of quotes are even higher hence ignored. Please advise if this is alright? If not, what should I be looking at?

Appreciate your feedback.

Usman

Furthermore, I came across LONGI who has panels up to 370W. This becomes very important for me as I have limited roof space and can only fit 16 panels max. Is it worth considering LONGI 370W (5.92 KW) system or leave it as REC 330W (5.28KW)?

I haven’t sought the quote for LONGI yet, but believe this would be cheaper than REC.

As always, thanks and appreciate your time.

Are the Longi panels more efficient (and hence take up less roof space), or are they just bigger panels (in which case might not fit still)?

This looks like a good price for good quality products.

You should be looking hard at the reviews for the suppliers.

In this comparison I would go with the REC N-peak simply because they use the high performance N-type silicon cell rather than the cheaper and more common P-type.

More info here…