Solar Power Perth, WA

house%2018%20Oct%202018

Following up with actual quotes from companies who visited today. All three companies noted more shading from the ariel view of the house then we noticed on the ground. (Am I ok naming companies?)

Perth Solar Force: highly recommended optimizers over Enphase inverters
$6199
20 x Risen 330w Mono or 21 Longi 315W Mono panels
installed spit over north east and north west sides of the house
SolarEdge optimizers and 5kW inverter

$5699 (and claiming this the premium offer???)
20 Seraphim 330W Poly
installed spit over north east and north west sides of the house
SolarEdge optimizers and 5kW inverter

with either quote +$350 to remove an old, unused solar hot water system from the north west roof to have room for the panels

Greener NRG: also highly recommended optimizers over Enphase microinverters
$5999
21 x Jinko Cheetah 315W Mono panels or 20 JA Solar 330 W mono panels; fully optimized (all on the north east side, no need to remove hot water heater)
Solar Edge 5kW inverter

Green Wiring suggested that I didn;t need optimizers or microinverters at all, but wire the panels in two independent strings
$4200
Jinko Cheetah 330W Mono panels (all on the north east side, no need to remove hot water heater)
no optimizers
Hauwei hybrid inverter
(I’ve asked him to add to this quote Hauwei optimizers on 1/2 the panels)

$5500
Jinko Cheetah 330W Mono panels (all on the north east side, no need to remove hot water heater)
SolarEdge optimizers and inverter

Solahart
$8200
20 x Solahart Silhouette 330w mono panels all on NE side
ABB 5kW inverter
I did ask the salesman who manufactured the Silhouette panels; he said Hanwha. A bit of poking around in the solarquotes comparison chart lists Hanwha as the owners of Q Cell which agrees with someone’s theory from another thread.

Edit to add the cost received from the 11am quote and company names (why not?)