Solar Edge inverter failure - warranty

Hi all

Our latest bill was in excess of $1000 for the September quarter.

I have a quote recently sent to me a company in Canberra who deal with Solar Edge Inverter Optimisers.
However, I have read some reviews on a blog regarding Solar Edge panels and inverters here.
Has anyone else had Solar Edge products installed and have they had any issues?

My quotes:

System size 12,000 W
40 SolarEdge - 300W panels
10KW SolarEdge Inverter
$15,300

Fronius Symo 10kW Inverter
30 Sunpower - 360W Panels
$13,200

What do you think?
Stephen

Hi @reevresh,

@Svarky knows more, but I believe this issue to be isolated to hot tropical areas, not Canberra. Have heard really good things besides that MC blog (which seems to be doing SolarEdge serious damage).

Hi @reevresh,

As described here SolarEdge inverters are very well regarded. Like Marty said, the issues are generally isolated to locations with extreme tropical climates, or when inexperienced companies or contractors do the installation.

If the company is experienced with solarEdge, then I wouldn’t have any concerns. Great product, especially if partial shading is an issue.

Cheers,
Jason

We have had our 6th solar edge inverter failure

Are you saying you have had 6 failures at your home, or 6 different failures at 6 different installations?

Where are you located, you don’t happen to be in the tropics do you?

We are solar installers at 6 different jobs

That’s not great. Many SE jobs in total? Which state are you located?

Understanding the warranty terms and conditions is essential when it comes to inverter failures, even though SolarEdge is a recognized producer of solar inverters. For their inverters, SolarEdge normally provides a guarantee, but the details can change based on the item and location. Here are some important things to think about.
Regular Warranty
Options for Extended Warranties
Conditions and Requirements for Coverage
Claims Procedure Geographical Differences
Likened Installation
External Components
It is advised to get in touch with the company’s customer service in the event of a SolarEdge inverter failure or to consult the warranty information included with your particular device. They’ll help you navigate the warranty claim procedure and decide whether the issue is covered.
It’s important to remember that warranty terms and conditions are subject to change over time and may differ by location, so you should always consult to SolarEdge or your local dealer for the most recent details. this are the some step you should know when you want warranty.
Solar power system