SCP Faults?

Hi, I have 6 Turli LifePo4 batteries that have been working perfect for about 4 months. While we were away there was a power failure lasting 3 days and at the same time heavy rain for 1 day and heavy clouds for 3 more, so the inverter shut down at my set low voltage point at 46v. When the sun came back out everything started fine and was working perfect but, one of our workers misread the instructions for shutting down and/or restarting the inverter and when the utility came back on he switched the transfer switch to bypass, so the inverter had no load and it just charged the batteries. The charge controllers are set to stop charging at 56v The BMS shut them off but the inverter showed overcharging and all of the batteries show overcharge faults and BMS shutdowns but no voltages over 58v. All of the batteries after sitting for a day turn on and read about 53.6 volts and all the green lights are on, the BMS status shows IDLE. I tried turning them on one at a time and as soon as I switch on a breaker, the inverter starts to turn on but then the battery connected to it changes to a red light and the status shows SCP so the inverter shuts off. The batteries all return to IDLE status after a few minutes. Any suggestions?? the dog

Hi Richard,
Been following this thread waiting for opinions/suggestions from more experienced users. Unfortunately I don’t have any constructive thoughts on your issue, only more questions, such as what brand of inverters are involved? Is there any direct communication link between the inverter and battery BMS?

My own system using MPP Solar charger-inverters and Blue Carbon LFP batteries have been working problem free for several months. We went through the same bad weather here in the Phils referenced in your email, but still managed to make it through without tapping into the public grid.

Hope you get your batteries working again soon.

William

Hi William, The utility electricity went out here for 4 days, as I remember. Our system stayed on for 1 day but eventually with all the clouds and no charging, it shut down just as we were leaving for the Middle East. It started up just fine like normal the next morning, but “The Boss” had me show someone how to bypass it if it didn’t start, so naturally after the utility came back instead of leaving it alone like I told him to do if it started he switched the bypass without shutting off the breakers from the panels, so all the solar power went to the batteries in one big spike. I have it set so that it never overcharges or undercharges, 56v highest charge and 46v cutoff point, so as soon as the sun came out the system turned on. But all the batteries are now showing that fault and won’t start. I’m not certain if the BMS just has them asleep and they can be awakened by connecting them to a live battery like when they shut off for low voltage or not or maybe just removing one cable. Also we have a Growatt 12kw inverter, it burned out the main control board but the company I bought it from sent new ones right away, Xiamen Sweet Power, but I still can’t start the batteries. I’m afraid he caused a massive voltage and amperage spike when he shut off all the load while the solar was charging and then letting it sit for 2 weeks charging with no load. I have 60 amp breakers for each battery and the BMS for each is 100 amps so nothing should be damaged. The company I bought the batteries from is in Guangzhou which is totally shut down for Covid and none of the engineers can go to the office, so I can’t get any answers from them. Any more batteries I buy I’ll get those Blue Carbons also. Yea, I was hoping someone would know if I could just connect them one at a time to my lead acid batteries, I’m a bit afraid to just try it without any idea what I’m doing. Richard