Sunpower Maxeon and Enphase IQ7

Great thread guys, learnt a lot here about this top of the range panel inverter combo.

Does surprise me a little that there are so many compatibility issues. My understanding is that Enphase bought SunPower’s micro inverter business and that they had teamed up to a degree. Maybe this process is still in the works.

1 Like

Hi Guys,
I’ve Heard from a reputable source that, SunPower bought out Solar Bridge (Ridge), and stopped making Micro Inverters. Not sure how this new collaboration of Enphase and SunPower 66 cell got started, which by the way has been available in the USA for the last 2 months. This is the future of Solar in my opinion, Great Quality with Great Quality. Long Warranty, and very few Warranty claims. As an installer warranty claims can really do you in. We’re a small operation about a 140 kW to 180 kW per month, residential, plus some commercial. We sell nothing but quality hardware, Budget to Caviar, Fronius/ Jinko mono, is as low as we go. We provide a 10-year warranty on workmanship. And we provide excellently after sales service. I deal with 10-year old clients a fair bit with monitoring issues, more than anything else (we never charge for this). But I also deal with warranty work as a subcontractor, to other big names I won’t mention (more national than local). I have a list of stuff I won’t sell because of quality/integrity issues, and I’ve just joined the Cutters (SolarCutters). CEC Accredited Retailer is in the pipeline 2 -3 weeks out, I’ve managed to get us certified as REC prefered installer last week (this enables me to offer 25 yr warranty instead of 20 years out of the box). It’s time to fix Solar in OZ. Who’s with me?

Ps. Sorry guys had a few :wink:

Regards Den

2 Likes

Too bad you weren’t over my way! Yeah quality will always win the race in the end - I like your thinking​:ok_hand::ok_hand:

Hi all

We have a related discussion about LG Neon 2 390W and Enphase IQ7+ compatibility. Wondering if you have anymore to add there?

Marty

Hi Marty, Hi Den​:+1::+1:

Has been a while but things are moving again … only because I’m getting the professionals in to do the roof before the system goes on. Had intentions of doing it myself but the job is just too big. I’m getting the ‘pointing’ done professionally and the painting, but I’ll clean it which should be fun…time to get the ‘ole Dunlop volleys out. I’ll rub the bottom of them up with a bit of sandpaper and I’ll have more grip than a gecko chasing insects on a window​:grin: problem is they have 4 sticky feet and a low centre of gravity :thinking::thinking:hmmm

Anyway I have a quote that I hope you don’t mind looking at. I’ve decided to go with LG running the 295w micros (IQ7+) - long story but this is the result. It doesn’t have to be the cheapest quote, as I know the installer has a good reputation for installation but, does this look about right. I saw your reply Den to another lady mentioning LG have a 350w panel coming out? Is there any new technology in these panels or they’re much of a muchness with the current line up reg technology. Thanks guys🙏
Gotta work how to paste this - 2 secs

You should be able to drag and drop it Chris.

1 Like

Woohoo, success. I have one for the 345w panels too…I’m located a couple of hours South of Sydney in Nowra.

345w panel quote

Ah yes - this will be the rough plan of panel location. Wife is a stay at home mum and I’m home half the year so can utilise a lot of power during the day, starting early when the mad school rush is on…toasters, coffee machines etc
The electricity box is down the south end of the house.

Hi Chris

Ooh, tight fit on the north roof, looks like fun for the installers :slight_smile:

I think those two options are a much of a muchness. Neon 2 is a better panel, but dearer, probably a toss of a coin for mine.

I’d be very happy with either though.

Cheers
Marty

Cheers Marty and good point…they said exactly the same but will have a look on the day. Will post how I go with pics later.

I bit the bullet Marty and went the LG 370W NeON R

Figured after all the research and help I may aswell get a great panel that will really ‘work’ the 295w micro - and it also looks great.
Whilst it’s been a long journey it’s been bloody interesting. Am paying the deposit tomorrow. There’s a 6-7 week wait so everything should tie in well. Will post heaps of pics and provide feedback when all done. Cheers mate

That will be great. Thanks Chris, looking forward to the photos.

Den _Thomson, just read through your reply on this thread and noticed you were talking about the fact that Enphase is only guaranteed for ten years internationally. My company installs exclusively Enphase micro-inverters in Yucatan Mexico and we have taken the unprecedented step of extending the warrantee to 25 years. The client needs to purchase our supreme maintenance package and keep it renewed. our feeling is, if it will last 25 years in the US or Canada, it will last 25 years here. Something to think about as a way to drive more business to your door.

1 Like

Hi Anthony,
I did look at doing something very similar to what you’ve done ie maintenance package. Now as it turns out Enphase has offered extended warranty for there inverters here in Australia. The average 6.6kW system I sell has 20 microinverters/panels for a fee of $700 (aust) payable by the client direct to Enphase their warranty goes from 10yrs to 25yrs.
there are cheaper options as well so the client can choose 15yr 20yr or 25yr.
Kind regards
Den

1 Like

Hi Chris,
Nice choice the NeON R is a lovely panel, looking forward to seeing it installed.
:wink:

1 Like

G’day Den, how’s it going.

Interesting post and thanks for sharing. I’ve only paid a deposit and have emailed my installer about the extended warranty you mention…awesome heads up. I’d happily pay the extra. Cheers - Chris

Good to know Enphase is responding to market requirements. Perhaps they will offer a similar program here in Mexico.

@ Marty
Hi mate is there anyway to Personal message you?
got some things to say that don’t need to be open reading.

Kind Regards

Den

Hi Chris, Den and Marty,

I’m new to this and this is the best thread so far, you guys help me a lot! Thanks you!
I came here for the look out of Sunpower vs LG panels and Enphase MI, the pros and cons. But now, I’m leaning to LG NeOn R 370w after reading the discussion.
@Chris2 , could you share us your quote for the LG NeON R 370 as well for bigger picture comparison? Are end up using 20 panels of the R series or down to 18 panels?
@Den_Thomson , just want to understand a bit more around the clipping if I moving forward to use the 370w panels and 295w MI, there is 75w per panel of the clipping, how much power in reality are the loss in a normal sunny days if we go down with 18panels of it to get 6.66kW compared to the NeON2 345w less clipping (50w clipping per panel) but more panels?

Cheers,

Helman