Sungrow Inverter Response and Battery

Hello, I need some regarding my Sungrow Inverter, when the battery SOC is 5% it just starts taking up the load, before charging itself (or going to a charging mode), I understand that the sungrow inverter considers load as first priority, but can someone guide what is it related to? I have been observing these spikes, and I am quiet worried about it. Any suggestions? Is there any bus that’s making it work like? or something else?

@Amina_Shahab I am confused about your question. What spikes are you referring to? What type of battery are you using?

The system should not be allowing the battery SOC to go below 10%. This should be the cut-off point. When a battery is only 5% SOC there will be many issues with battery voltage and charging.

I noticed something last night. When the low SOC limit (5%) is reached, the battery does not go to idle and the loads are supplied by it, (the loads are supplied by the battery again and again after some intervals). This behaviour repeated itself during the night.
This is not normal with my system. I have never seen this before. The system behaves normal when the low SOC limit is 10%. Very similar to this picture

What type of battery are you using, and what is the inverter model?

It sounds like you’re experiencing some concerns with your Sungrow inverter’s behavior when the battery state of charge (SOC) drops to 5%. It’s understandable to feel worried about these spikes, especially if it’s impacting your system’s performance.

Typically, when an inverter prioritizes load over charging the battery, it’s a design choice aimed at ensuring uninterrupted power supply to your critical loads. This behavior is often seen in inverters with hybrid capabilities, where maintaining power to essential appliances takes precedence over battery charging.

However, if you’re noticing abrupt spikes or fluctuations in power when the battery SOC is low, it’s worth investigating further. It could potentially be related to the inverter’s control logic or its interaction with the battery management system.

To address your concerns and potentially mitigate these spikes, here are a few suggestions:

1. Consult the User Manual: Review the user manual or documentation provided by Sungrow to understand the inverter’s operating modes and behavior under different SOC conditions.
  2. Contact Technical Support: Reach out to Sungrow’s technical support team for assistance. They may be able to provide insights into the inverter’s operation and offer troubleshooting advice tailored to your specific setup.
  3. Monitor System Performance: Keep a close eye on your system’s performance and document any unusual behavior or patterns. This information can be valuable when seeking assistance from technical support or solar professionals.
  4. Consider Professional Inspection: If you’re unable to resolve the issue on your own, consider consulting a qualified solar installer or technician to inspect your system and diagnose any underlying issues.

By taking these steps, you can gain a better understanding of your Sungrow inverter’s behavior and address any concerns or issues affecting its performance.