Best Solar Inverters

25 years labour and parts warranty?

Yes, Sunpower has 25 years Parts AND Labor warranty on modules AND micro-inverters! The micro-inverters are Sunpower technology, and pre-installed at the factory. The combination with Sunpower modules (with degradation warranteed to be less than 0.25% annually), gives homeowners the most production, with lowest risk = highest value!

Please get me their number or email address. Thanks.

Sunpower is the manufacturer… They sell thru authorized Dealer/Installers all over the country. visit Sunpower.com, and find a Dealer in your area.

A post was split to a new topic: BYD 24v/200Ah battery setup

4 posts were split to a new topic: Micro inverters vs string inverters

We only use string inverters

Hi @Ekelly234

I’m curious, why don’t you use micro inverters? Do you use optimisers if there are shading issues?

Marty

Yes we use optimizers if there are shading issues usually we try to remove the shading issues that’s why we do so many ground mounts micro inverters have a consistent rate of failure

1 Like

I am somewhat confused with your “top” list, Photon Laboratories in Germany rate the Goodwe as one of the best globally, they have been voted number one in various countries for example the Netherlands, they have a great start up voltage, great voltage range, they handle network instabilities very well. have a less than 1% failure rate, whereas, a number of your top five have shown issues with certain power networks, it has been noted that one of your top five in particular may have been removed from the CEC approved list for a while and also has 9 times more failures than most other inverters.
Also your top list of panels does not relate to Canadian Solar as being the number one panel on a Global scale according to several sources, IHS Markit, Canadian Solar and several others.
I am confused and would appreciate some clarity

@SolarCommunityWA

The solar ranking is based on a number of criteria including feedback from solar industry professionals and installers. This is an Australian based site and as such the majority of our feedback is from Australian installers based on the 2 million plus solar installations. From our hundreds of surveys we have compiled, Goodwe has had mixed feedback with some compaints from installers about difficulties claiming warranty and sub-standard service and support. However this has improved over the last year and the new models from Goodwe do look impressive. Time will tell.

As for Canadian Solar being number one? What is this based on, production volume, innovation, warranty, efficiency etc?
Canadian produce mid level lower cost panels using standard P-type silicon and have had several issues with micro-cracking and potential induced degratation over the last few years. While Canadian is still highly regarded they are not currently considered a module or cell manufacturing leader.

Hope this helps

We use Fronius exclusively. prior to this we used Solaredge since then we have had 5 inverter failures and 16 optimizer failure we have discontinued using this product. We have installed 7 Outback systems for either off grid or gird tied battery backup. Recently we had a problem with the latest installation, the customer service was abysmal. I had to go to the CEO of SunRun to get some action as they just ignored my sales person. Watch your warranties.

3 posts were split to a new topic: SolarEdge HD Wave inverters - 2 failures in 3 years

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: SolarEdge HD Wave inverters - 2 failures in 3 years

There are a lot of solar inverter brands on the Australian market in 2022. But which ones are the best? That’s a tough question to answer.

We are here to solve your tough question with our solar inverter cover. Check our website now and get the latest deals on Solar Inverters cover. We provide a vast collection of solar inverters for all your needs.

You can try Renogy’s 700W 12V Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

All the inverters mentioned on Best Solar Inverters 2023 — Clean Energy Reviews are not available on the popular Amazon website… I assume these inverters are for Australia or other countries…

I don’t know why you don’t think of USA… In my view, it is the largest country to consume a wide range of inverters…

Therefore, I would request to create a post for all those solar power inverters that sell in USA…

I visited InverterReview website thinking that I would get a review on some of the top solar inverters but it was not very helpful to me…

@alex529, unfortunately, Amazon only sells cheap imported inverters. All the high-quality, professional inverters listed in the article are available in North America through solar wholesalers (except Huawei).

Technically you cannot legally install grid-tie (grid-feed) solar inverters in North America without being a certified solar/electrical professional.

The website you used does not list any solar inverters. They are all battery inverters that can be used with solar panels; they are not solar inverters. To understand the difference between the different inverters, please read this article - Solar, battery and hybrid inverters explained — Clean Energy Reviews

For my solar panel setup, I use the Bougerv solar panel inverter. It’s renowned for its high efficiency and reliability, optimizing power production from my panels. The monitoring platform allows me to track performance and troubleshoot issues remotely, providing peace of mind.