Solar Quotes Victoria | Investment property

Im chasing quotes for an invetment property in Vic. So far only OpenSolar has replied and they sent 4 quotes

Im a bit weary of this as they have included charts of savings even after being told my personal bill is $0 as well as the number of trees planted and flights avoided… And they are really pushing the end of the world with the change in rebate price at the end of the year.

Is there a difference between the purchase price and the net system cost? Which one are am actually paying?

Thanks

Quote 1

Solar Panels
Seraphim
5.04 kW Total Solar Power
16 x 315 Watt Panels (SRP-315-BMB)
6,700 kWh per year

Inverter
Sungrow
4.99 kW Total Inverter Rating
1 x SG5K-D

Total System Price $8,294.00

STC Point of Sale Discount $2,275.00STC Quantity: 65.0 @ STC Price: $35.0, excluding GST.
Purchase Price $6,019.00

Additional Incentives
Solar VIC Rebate $2,225.00
Net System Cost $3,794.00

Quote 2
Solar Panels

REC
5.2 kW Total Solar Power
16 x 325 Watt Panels (REC325TP2M)
6,854 kWh per year

Fronius Primo
Fronius Australia Pty Ltd
5.0 kW of Total Inverter Power
1 x Primo 5.0-1 INT

Total System Price $11,010.00
STC Point of Sale Discount $2,345.00STC Quantity: 67.0 @ STC Price: $35.0, excluding GST.
Purchase Price $8,665.00

Additional Incentives

Net System Cost $6,440.00

Quote 3
Solar Panels
Seraphim
3.15 kW Total Solar Power
10 x 315 Watt Panels (SRP-315-BMB)
4,022 kWh per year

Inverter
Sungrow
4.99 kW Total Inverter Rating
1 x SG5K-D

Total System Price $6,159.00
STC Point of Sale Discount$1,435.00STC Quantity: 41.0 @ STC Price: $35.0, excluding GST.
Purchase Price $4,724.00

Additional Incentives
Net System Cost $2,499.00

Quote 4
Solar Panels
REC
3.25 kW Total Solar Power
10 x 325 Watt Panels (REC325TP2M)
4,112 kWh per year

Fronius Primo
Fronius Australia Pty Ltd
5.0 kW of Total Inverter Power
1 x Primo 5.0-1 INT

Total System Price $8,159.00
STC Point of Sale Discount $1,470.00STC Quantity: 42.0 @ STC Price: $35.0, excluding GST.
Purchase Price $6,689.00

Additional Incentives
Solar VIC Rebate$2,225.00
Net System Cost $4,464.00

Hi @Mesk

If you are getting this system for an investment property, can you let us know what the main goal of the system is? That will help give some feedback on the quotes. i.e. do you want longevity of the system, or quickest payback? How much solar do you want to produce? Are you trying to offset a bill, or get the biggest system that fits on the roof?

Cheers
Marty

Solar Installers Victoria

Main goal is to put solar on the property. There is no payback as i wont be recieving any of the benefits of the system itself.

So longevity would be a big bonus.
I want to produce enough solar that is cuts down tenants bills.

Thanks

Ok cool. So you probably want the good stuff (usually you would anyway). Fronius and REC is good quality gear, but seems strange that they’d quote you a 5kW inverter and 3kW of panels.

From what you’re saying the company doesn’t appear to be 100% transparent and honest. I wouldn’t worry so much about the STCs going down in the new year, just take your time and buy from the right company.

In answer to your question, seems like a strange way to put it, but what they have as purchase price would be your initial out of pocket, and then you can also claim the Vic rebate back I believe, I’m not real clear how that is being managed though.

Hi Mesk.

Great work installing solar to help out your tenants.

Option 1 or 2 would be the best choices.
Options 2 is the best system if you can afford it, otherwise option 1 is good. The Sungrow inverters have a good reputation.

Thanks for the replies. Seems the hardware itself isnt too bad, but after a few more emails nailing down a price, it has almost doubled what they have originally quoted me.

Apparently “The quote is correct as it contains everything that customer needs to know based on what rebates and STC’s they can get for their address.” is good enough for them. I had to dig to find those numbers though and the big green price at the top of the proposal is the lowest. (And even after emailing twice they stuck by that price until today)

Looks like i will chase it up in the new year, maybe get the person that manages the property down there to get me a few quotes. I did email solarquotes saying this one they recommended is pretty dodgy.