Solar quote Westall Road Clayton South Vic 3169

Got some solar quotes you want reviewed? Feel free to ask our solar community for feedback. Please add your location in the title too.
QUOTATION FOR 18 MONTH OLD 2 STOREY TOWN HOUSE AT CLAYTON SOUTH VIC 3169

WAS TOLD BY 2 OTHER RELIABLE (HAVING GOOD REVIEWS) PROVIDERS THAT DUE TO ROOF DESIGN NOT FEASIBLE/BENEFICIAL TO EVEN PROVIDE QUOTATION.

ONE PROVIDER SAID THAT WITH MY ROOF DESIGN COULD ONLY PROVIDE, AT BEST 2.5KW SYSTEM & THAT IT WOULD BE VERY EXPENSIVE, SO NOT FEASIBLE OR BENEFICIAL TO ME

2ND PROVIDER SAID ACCORDING TO ROOF DESIGN WOULD NOT PROVIDE QUOTATION AS TOO SMALL

THIS PROVIDER: ESSENTIAL SOLAR ALSO TOLD ME THAT DUE TO ROOF DESIGN WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE MORE THAN 3KW SYSTEM & THAT WOULD TALK TO DESIGN PERSON & THEN GOT BACK TO ME WITH BELOW QUOTATION. THEY ALSO SAID DUE TO ROOF DESIGN IT WOULD BE EXPENSIVE AND THAT COULD NOT HAVE PANELS FACING NORTH (NO ROOF SPACE), WOULD HAVE TO PLACE ON EAST SIDE AT BEST.

System Code: Longi-Enphase
Workmanship Warranty: 10 Years
Panel Manufacturer: Longi Bifacial Double Glass
Panel Power: 365 Watts
Quantity: 9
Total System Power: 3.285 kW
Panel Warranty: 12 Years Product
30 Years Performance
Inverter Manufacture:Enphase IQ7+
Inverter Type: Microinverters
Quantity: 9
Inverter Warranty: 10 years
Racking Manufacture: Broad Solartek
Racking Warranty: 10 years
SYSTEM PRICE : $7,368
LESS STCs. $1,368
LESS VIC GOVT REBATE $1,850
MY PRICE : $4,150

Would like to hear from Marty & Clean Energy Reviews Panel/Forum your views on the above quotation. Seems very expensive for the small system but was told that it would be expensive due to roof design.

Wondering if it is going to be beneficial to me, given the high price and two out of three providers stating that roof design of this two storey town house does not lend itself to providing adequate space for proper installation of bigger system. Clean Energy website recommendation being 6.5KW Panels and 5Kw inverter size

Help & advice sought, please

Hi @romaines

I think the risk here is that they might even be overstating how much that can fit on the roof. Has Essential Solar been to your house to do a site inspection, and measure exactly what can go on the roof? If it’s a tricky installation you should definitely get a site inspection from a certified installer to ensure that the quoted system will fit, otherwise, if they are quoting from their computers then it’s likely to be wrong, and they’ll try and sell you something different on the day of install.

Cheers
Marty