Samil Power SolarRiver 4000TL-D failure, warranty

Hi @TAP

Samil happens to be one of the reasons I started Clean Energy Reviews. The first solar company that I worked for sold Samils, and we installed hundreds of them. I thought they were a good quality, low cost inverter. I even went to their headquarters in China, and got shown around and taken for lunch. But then, unfortunately, after a couple of years they started dropping like flies. That’s when I realised that I didn’t know what a quality panel and inverter was, so I started CER in order to get feedback from installers and try to spread the knowledge about what are quality products, and what don’t make the cut.

It’s been a long time since those problems with Samil, and even some other low cost inverters that were having problems around the same time have really cleaned up their game. For a like for like exchange, I think you could comfortably choose any of these inverters.

I’ve seen the occasional SolarRiver still functioning in Australia, but to be honest, I think it’s most likely going to stop working sooner rather than later. You could preempt it and replace it asap, or keep a close eye on it and just replace it when it gives up.

I hope that helps.

Cheers
Marty