SolaX vs Fronius vs Goodwe

CLICK HERE to get a solar quote from a Clean Energy Reviews install partner

Hi @shellhun

Those are some diverse quotes. Quote 1 stands out in my opinion as straight forward and good quality products. In Quote 2 and 3, the whole 6 panels free, and 2 FREE inverters are red flags for me. Also, Quote 2, not actually giving you the brand of panel, that’s concerning. Overall, I just find both options for Quote 3 hard to understand as well, which also isn’t a good sign.

I really think it’s worth reading at least Ch 2. Who should I buy solar from? in the guide. Is Fronius that much better? Well in my opinion, only if it is installed well, and alongside other good components. I would take second rate products installed by someone I really trusted to do a good job, over first rate products installed by someone I didn’t trust any day. That is not to say that I’d choose second rate products! Just if I was pressed to choose.

Regarding the tilt frames, you definitely also want to go with someone that can give you a clear answer on that, with good reasoning to back it up. If your roof is pretty well flat, you will definitely want tilt frames. How much of a tilt probably depends on what time of day you use your electricity, and what direction your roof faces.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Marty

1 Like