Solar Power Noosaville QLD | Fronius and Tigo TS4-R

I have been quoted for the following, installed, 6.6Kw system

LONGI 300W mono perc panels x 22
Fronius 5Kw inverter

Total: $6,400 ( after rebate)

TIGO Optimiser TS4-R units would be additional $$81.

Any comments on the value for money ?

I have seen on-line ads quoting less than $4000; butads give no specification regarding the parts and their quality.

UPDATE 2020-06-06T00:00:00Z

Solar installed: June, 2019
What Panels and Inverters did you get? LG Panels ( 6.6Kw). Fronius 5kW inverter
What is the size of your system? 6.6kW
What Solar Company did you go with? Would you recommend them? SolarWide, Sunshine Coast. Definitely would recommend them. 100%
Would you do anything different next time? No change to what was installed
What’s the average price you pay for your electricity from the grid (per kWh)? 23c kWh
What is your feed in tariff (for the solar you export per kWh)? 11.1c kWh ( reduced from 16.1 kWh in January, 2020)
Who is your electricity retail? Energy Australia

Solar Installers Sunshine Coast

Hi @Bushwalk, I think it’s best to ignore those ads completely. $6.4k is probably at the cheaper end of what you’d want to consider, cheaper than that and you’re getting into the too good to be true realm. You’ve got to cut corners somewhere in order to get those really low prices.

This quote looks decent. Can you get a quote with LG, or REC panels, or any other panels on this top 10 list here, just to compare:

With the Tigo, did you mean to say $481 extra? It would depend on your roof as to whether it’s worth it. Probably only worth taking a look at if you have any sort of shading issues.

As we always say, the really important element is the company you buy from. Make sure you are confident and happy with them, and if you’re not 100% sure, make sure you get quotes from a few different ones. Also try and get a quote from a local electrician, especial if you know one that is recommended.

See the “Who should I buy solar from” chapter in our “Guide to Buying Solar” eBook.
https://forum.cleanenergyreviews.info/t/ch-2-who-should-i-buy-solar-from/155

Cheers
Marty

HI Marty
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.
The local electrical /supplier/ installer who provided the quote is very reputable, and very pleasant to deal with. So I have no issues on that front.
The $6,600 quote of LONGI 300W MONO PERC panels , plus the Fronius Inverter 5Kw, included GST, and was after deduction of the subsidy. SO it appears not too bad at all.

Due to slight early morning shading on four of the panels, my installer recommended providing four TIGO OPTIMISERS only, at around and additional $80 each.

As I am a mature age technology and data enthusiast , he has also suggested an optional Fronius Smart Meter ( single phase) at around $490, should I wish to indulge myself.

In addition to LONGI, this supplier also provides panels from several other manufacturers including Risen, Jinko, Trina, Seraphim, REC and LG.

He seemed to like the LONGI MONO (better than split cell?) panels for my system.

Any comments?

Thank you

Geoff