Leapton Solar Review

Hello, I’m fairly new to the idea of installing solar so playing a fair bit of catch-up. We have received a quote for Leapton solar panels (LR158-M-60_H 330W) with a Growatt inverter (5000 TL-X). The installation company are local and appear genuine/honest. I just couldn’t find much online about the equipment manufacturers. Does anyone know much about them? It’s just for residential so doesn’t need to premium but keen to buy something that will do a good job. We will be grateful for any help or guidance provided … thank you!

CLICK HERE to get a solar quote from a Clean Energy Reviews install partner

Hi @Deana

Leapton solar panels are very new to Australia and Growatt inverters do not have a great reputation so I would suggest getting some more quotes. Did the company provide a detailed quote or do a site inspection? Do they also offer higher quality panels or inverters?

What we know about Leapton:
Leapton is very new to Australia, we have only just become aware of this brand. Leapton Energy is headquartered in Japan, and founded in 2012. Leapton Solar is based in Jiangsu, China and started making panels in 2017. It seems until recently they only been supplying the Japanese market. More recently Australian wholesalers have started stocking Leapton panels, and some installers are starting to use them.