Jinko Solar Panel Review | Cheetah HC Vs Cheetah 60M vs Tiger

I have been waiting since last year for my Solar to be installed. Delayed because of Fronius Inverter being in short supply. Due to have installed soon, BUT have now been told original panels aren’t available because of the Corona Virus.

I was originally having JINKO CHEETAH HC 60M MONO PERC HALF CELL 325-345 WATT, they are now offering JINKO CHEETAH 60M 315-335 Watt MONO PERC MODULE which they say is an upgrade? Can anyone help me with this please as I have read and reread the specs, but a lot of it is beyond my expertise?

Regards
Dot

Hi Dot,

They are both very similar panels. The Cheetah HC uses half-cut cells while the Cheetah 60M uses full size cells. Are the panels they are installing the same size? Ie. 330W panel or are they offering different size panels instead like 315W. If so they will need to install more panels.

Either options are good as long as the total system size (kW) is the same.

1 Like

H Svarky

Thanks for responding

Originally

JINKO CHEETAH HC 60M MONO PERC HALF CELL 325-345 WATT

they are now offering

JINKO CHEETAH 60M 315-335 Watt MONO PERC MODULE

I was assuming the 325-345 was the range in one panel?

So if they would be installing the second one it would need a couple of extra panels?

Dot

Hello ,

This is Ray. You can contact me on below email id for same system and inverter.

Email :- ray@solbase.com.au

We will do the installation with in 2 week.

Regards,
Ray

1 Like

You can also consider this year model Jinko Tiger , go for higher wattage per panel is always the best option, less mismatch of panels
Esmail Attia , Solar Hybrid solutions

Appreciate comments on theses systems

System Size: 4.55kW
Panels: 13 x Longi 350W HiMOX Mono PERC

Inverter: 1 x Fronius Primo 4.0

Monitoring: 1 x 1P Energy Monitor

Total System Price (inc-GST) $8266.22
STC Point of Sale Discount $2550.00
Purchase Price (inc-GST) $5716.22

-VIC Rebate (-$2225) $3491.22

System Size: 4.29kW
Panels: 13 x Qcell Qpeak Duo 330W

Monitoring: 1 x 1P Energy Monitor

Total System Price (inc-GST) $8981.22
STC Point of Sale Discount $2414.00
Purchase Price (inc-GST) $6567.22

-VIC Rebate (-$2225) $4342.22

Highly rated company, good salesman, but shortage of original Jinko panels due to virus.

Hi @Buddah

They are both good brands, whilst QCells we rate a bit higher. The price probably accurately reflects the different quality of the brands.

You can read more about them both here:

Cheers
Marty

1 Like

I am waiting on my install delayed because of Covid.
Have been offered new quotes.
I am leaning towards the Tiger but any help appreciated. My roof space.
My average daily consumption is around 12kWh

Option 1: Jinko Tiger 390W Panels
Size: 4.29kW
Panels: 11 x Jinko Tiger N-Series 390W

Monitoring: 1P consumption meter
Total System Price (inc-GST) $8684.06
STC Point of Sale Discount $2485 (71 STC’s 2019 allocation x $35 )
Purchase Price (inc-GST) $6199.06
-VIC rebate -$2225
Out of pocket $3974.06

OR

Option 2: Qcell Qpeak Duo 330W Panels
Size: 4.29kW
Panels: 13 x Qcell Qpeak Duo 330W

Monitoring: 1P consumption meter
Total System Price (inc-GST) $9151.61
STC Point of Sale Discount $2485 (71 STC’s 2019 allocation x $35 )
Purchase Price (inc-GST) $6666.61
-VIC rebate -$2225
Out of pocket $4441.61

Thanks

Dot

Hi @Buddah

Is it the same company that keeps giving you different panel options?

Hi Marty

Because they were unable to get the original panels and quoted me on what I considered to be an inferior panel I asked for a new quote. I suggested the Tiger and the suggested the QCells as an option.

Regards

Hi Dot

I see. Nothing worse than getting the old last minute switcheroo.

Each manufacturer has so many different models of panels now, it is honestly very hard to keep up. I think what we are comparing here are below, with links to the specs sheets:

They are both very good panels Dot. The Tiger has slightly higher efficiency (which shouldn’t be a deciding factor), and Q Peak has slightly better temperature coefficients.

I think the price difference probably matches the difference you get in terms of brand reputation. Depends on what you feel comfortable with. I personally would happily got with Jinko, although if I was flush with cash, I might choose Q Cells.

Hope that helps Dot.

Cheers
Marty

Thanks Marty, that helps a lot

regards

Dot

Jinko holds a good track record and they are certainly one of the better choices for those who are looking for reliable, cost-effective solar panels. The Jinko Cheetah panels are also a very popular choice for residential and commercial installations.

Jinko Solar is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and sellers of solar PV modules. They are consistently ranked among the top 5 manufacturers. Jinko has a huge capacity of about 45GW of PV modules production per year, this is a huge number.