Gippsland Solar Review | Cheltenham VIC

UPDATE 2020-06-11T00:00:00Z

When did you get your solar installed? April 2019
What Suburb and State are you in? Vic, Cheltenham
What Panels and Inverters did you get? REC N Peak Solar panels with 4kw Fronius inverter
What Solar Company did you go with? Would you recommend them? Gippsland Solar, would definitely recommend them
What is your estimated payback period of the system (if you know)? Don’t know but probable guesstimate maybe around 8 years.
Are you happy with your solar system? Would you do anything different next time? Very happy, would not do anything different.
What’s the average price you pay for your electricity from the grid (per kWh)? 0.3282c
What is your feed in tariff (for the solar you export per kWh)? 0.12c

Hi,
I’m new to Solar, and doing my research. Would like to install solar, choices I have are TrinaSoltaro 4kw with Fronius Inverter approx $6650 13 x 305W or Sunpower 4kws with Fronius inverter 10 x 320W approx $7800. Still to get written quote as the installer needs to come out to do site inspection. Warranty for Trina panels is 10 years whereas Sunpower is 25 years. My budget is being far stretched if I go for the Sunpower panels.
In your opinion how good are Trina panels in terms of efficiency and performance? is 10 year warranty normal warranty period for solar panels?

Hi, Trina are a well known manufacturer which are trusted and reliable however they will not perform at the same level for 25 years like Sunpower which are one of the worlds best manufacturers.

Most well known manufacturers have a 10 year product warrant and 25 year performance warranty but only a few like Sunpower and LG also have a 25 year product warranty. This is all explained in detail in the article below

Where are you located?

Thanks for the tip. Makes sense to go with the better warranty even though bit more expensive. I’m located in South East Melbourne.

Hi @augusdo,

How did you go with this installation? Which installer did you go with, where they any good? Hope it all went smoothly for you.

Marty

See our Solar Power Melbourne page

Hi Marty,
I went with Gippsland Solar who did a good job installing the system. It’s been working well since April. Had the inspector come to check the installation who said the job was done very well. So far so good. Good my first electricity bill and saw the reduction in costs.

1 Like