Best Solar Panels

Based on performance, quality and value, what are the best solar panels currently based on your own experience from installing solar panels?

See CER articles regarding Best Solar Panels 2018 and Top 10 Solar Panels.

I love the idea of the companies with a 25 year warranty, it sounds like you can buy those and trust they will last a long time. But I was thinking, won’t the technology be immeasurably better in 12-15 years (the warranty of some of the others) so it would be better to go with one of the best but a cheaper panel now that you would look to replace in 10-15 years with a more efficient and advanced panel?

I had that theory with computers for a long time, it was best to buy a good brand but their cheap model and replace it more often rather than the best model because the technology increases were just so big every year. These days the improvement in computer speeds have slowed down considerably. Is solar technology improving rapidly or are the improvements slower?

Cheers

Good question Anwar and it is true that the technology will be far more advanced in 10-15 years but on the other hand if your solar array is performing well and covering your costs then it would be waste to replace functional panels simply because there are more efficient panels available.
The payback period is also anywhere from 3 to 10 years depending on the type of system and whether battery storage is included so you would want the panels to last as long as possible.
In addition if you did decide to upgrade then fully functioning panels are worth more to sell as second hand modules and can help recoup the cost of a new system

Hello

I would just like to personally point out a bit of information on the JINKO Solar Panel. The worlds largest Solar Panel Manufacturer.
Jinko has become our most popular Solar Panel in both Residential and Commercial solar systems over the last 2 years.

The fact that they are a very large successful Solar Company offering Tier 1 Products and an Australian Warranty that meets and exceeds industry standard is mandatory in our choice to use these panels.

The Jinko Panels have also been proven in Australian Conditions against the competition in many private tests. Photon Lab and DNV-GL showed them as superior to all other competitors in its test and the CSIRO and Choice Magazine conducted there test on 15 of the most common Solar Panels sold in Australia over 12 months in Aussie Conditions and have found JinkoSolar was one of just two module manufacturers( the other being over 70% more expensive) to receive a score of excellent and above 90%. They also had an energy yield that per 1000w was significantly above all other competitors.

There are a lot of Great Panels in the market and i agree there are more Premium Panels to the Jinko, but what the Jinko offers for the price has made them one of my favorite Panels to install and
they never seem to let me down. They also offer a great low temperature co-efficient and excellent performance in low light conditions.

You sir are becoming my new best friend! With your information on heatpumps I read earlier & now jinko panels! I was going to do a post to see if anyone could offer information on jinko panels, as a system that has caught my attention & am intersting in intalling has jinko panels in their deal! So thank you very much for this post!

Hey @Wylie, im glad that you have found my information useful.
Thanks