Both are from LG and in 60 cells format and are Ntype
But the technology is different
R signify the Rear contacts like Sunpower, BenQ Sunforte
cell more robust
The neon 2 also see much improve on output
BUT the $/watts are different “R” model cost price usually greater than $1.20
and the neon 2 usually about $0.85 to $0.90
Assuming a 30cts per watt difference in price will cost you that $2000
Note the temperature coefficient of Neon2 is 0.36%/C compare to 0.3%/C in the model
My conclusion either choice you make is OK , you pay more to get the extra
Cheers

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

I have the solar system installed on my roof today and waiting for the Installer company to send me the envoy-s access and than connect it to the grid.

I have a question with the installation for the array, the installer team told me that they would run the cable to connect the array group together under the panel, and they did, but I just notice that it’s very visible and exposed to the sun about 1 meter, is this safe? will they last for long? will it be an issue in the future? see the picture.

hi @Adel_A, yes, I am getting that solar optimiser plan from origin when it is up and running.

Thank you,
Helman

Hi @helman,
I am sure you will be happy with the system and the money you will save. Sorry I’m not technically minded to give any advice about the wiring.

Regards
Adel

Hi helmen,

That looks like UV rated heavy-duty solar conduit but it’s hard to tell. It’s very lazy to do it this way and no secure it properly to the roof or run it through the roof cavity.

If it is the solar UV rated conduit it will last for a long time, however should be supported properly by additional rail or attachments.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reply, the installer fix the exposed conduit and make it look lot nicer by running it under the roof.
and yes, really happy with the 7kW system, it’s producing 49.2kWh yesterday with sunny day, it only clip for an hour in during midday 12PM to 5.9kW (the max of 20x 295W MI), and during the weekend, the system still producing around 20kWh with very cloudy day and almost no direct sun at all. not sure if it can reach the 50kWh mark or not in the midsummer :smiley:

I’m still waiting for the meter provider from enabling the solar feed-in.

Thank you for all your help everyone!!!

2 Likes

Awesome! Great to hear Helman, it’s looking good :ok_hand:

Look awesome… Only thing is they should have removed the blue plastic off the isolator cover. I can be difficult to peel off but it will look much better.

Do you mind if we (CER) use your photo to promote quality solar?

I actually don’t mind with the blue sticker on there, it looks appearing for me :grin:
Feel free to you the photo, happy if this will be useful for any one in the future for reference.

Great stuff Helman,

Looks great and have fun hitting the 50💪
Still waiting on my install, was supposed to be next Thursday but something has gone wrong with our booking - bloody painful as we had the roof resto done 8 weeks ago now and was excited for the install. Ah well, shyte happens, have waited this long so little longer won’t hurt. I’ll just keep jumping on here for my solar fix. Have you looked into the extra warranty on the micros? As far as I’m aware you can pay extra and extend the micro warranty out to 25yrs with the Encare package after installation. I’ll definitely check it out once installed.

Hi @Chris2,

hopefully you will get your system up soon!

I actually look at to extend the warranty to 25 years for my 20x MI, that will cost me another AU$685.00 and I still thinking is that worth the money or not, because 20 years warranty is almost hafted $376.40 and for 15 years is $162.60

And there is another subscription that draws my attention, the Enlighten Manager, it will cost another AU$14.99/month or $349 for lifetime, not sure if it’s useful for the consumer or not, I might try it for a month later when my system is fully running (still not feed in to the grid, waiting for the meter supplier to configure my meter).

Ah okay that’s great to know regarding options. I’ll have a look at the enlighten manager, didn’t know about that. Agree it’s a lot of $$$ on top of forking out for a quality system.
Keep us updated.

A post was merged into an existing topic: ZN Shine Panels

LG are good quality 25 year manufacture’s warranted panels but I don’t think the extra price is worth it compared to 10 or 12 year manufacturer’s warranted panels that are quality panels and well supported in Aus (see solarquotes brands of panels). They should be serviceable for at least 25 years too and you could replace most of them with the extra price paid for LG. I think the LG premium amounts to a massive insurance premium that there is an extremely low likelihood of claiming on. Indeed who knows if the technology will still be relevant in 10 plus years or that a warranty claim will be honoured. Bigger companies then LG have failed.

Arrggh I was sold on LG until i read this lol. I’ll keep reading. Better to be sure.

Hi Marty,
I am also thinking of going with Soltek. How did you find the experience? Would you recommend them?

Hi @vjames, I think you meant to ask @helman.

Hi @vjames,

Overall Soltek is doing a good job, they are the cheapest at that time for my quotes of 20xLG panels and Enphase MI, and also the quickest one that following-up with my quote.

But I am not sure if they do have enough experience with Enphase MI installation as there are couple small things and required them to come back to tweak them, starting from installing the CT clamp to the wrong line (hot water meter) and following with the wrong direction of the CT clamp.

One more thing, if you choose to use Enphase MI, ensure they provide a separate box for the Envoy, instead of installing it behind the existing meter box like this.

Hope this help,
Helman

1 Like

Hi @helman,
Can you let me know if you got the warranty terms for the installed system with the invoice form Soltek?
Thank you.

Hi @dansa,
The don’t have and could not find the tnc as well. You might need to call them directly and ask it. Up until now, they are quite good responding with the issue I was having and came couple of times to check the system and installation as I mention before.

Given that both LG Neon 2 and LG Neon R solar panels are top-notch photovoltaic modules, comparing them is a difficult process because which one is “better” relies on a variety of factors and unique situations. We must explore numerous technical and contextual aspects in order to provide a thorough analysis.
Efficiency: Price
Durability
Beauty Space That Is Available
Locational Information
Warranty
Installation Expertise
Goals for Energy
Impact on the Environment: choosing between the LG Neon 2 and Neon R panels for your needs necessitates a thorough examination of a number of variables, including effectiveness, price, dependability, aesthetics, space accessibility, location, warranty, installer skill, and environmental concerns. Making an informed decision that is suited to your unique situation can be made easier by seeking the advice of a qualified solar installation or consultant.